Nearly 60% of asthmatic adults and 90% of asthmatic children have allergy triggers that may lead to full-blown respiratory distress.1,2
Why Test With ImmunoCAP?
Between 80-85% of asthma and upper respiratory diseases are managed by primary care clinicians.3 With ImmunoCAP in-vitro test, the presence of IgE antibodies to allergens in the blood can quickly be determined.
- Confirms or excludes the presence of allergies
- Identifies specific allergens to avoid
- Allergy panels are specifically designed for our Pacific Northwest region
- Potentially eliminates unnecessary medications since 65% of patients taking non-sedating antihistamines are not allergic.4
Access region-specific allergy requisitions at this link.
- Allen-Ramey, et al. Sensitization to common allergens in adults with asthma. J Am Board Fam Pract 2005;18:434-439.
- For NIH updated guidelines and recommendations for asthma control, see Expert Panel Report
- Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma, NIH, 2007. 3. R. A. Wood, W. Phipatanakul, R.G. Hamilton and P.A. Eggleston. J Allergy Clin Immunol; May 1999, Vol 103, No. 5, Part 1.4. Spector SL, executive ed. Dialogues in Redefining Rhinitis. Office of Continuing Medical Education, UCLA School of Medicine: Health Learning Systems, Inc; 1996;1(1,4):1- 16.
- Szeinbach SL, Williams PB, Muntendam P, O’Connor R. Identification of allergic disease among users of antihistamines. J Manag Care Pharm. 2004;10(3) 234-238.