Benefit Plans and Programs
If you’re looking for a career in health care that engages your heart as well as your mind, we encourage you to apply at PeaceHealth Laboratories.
The following is a general outline of PeaceHealth benefits; there may be some regional variations.
- Choice of multiple medical plan options
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program & Referral Service
- Short-term counseling at no cost for employees and immediate family members.
- Toxin Rid 5 day detox program
- Up to five times annual pay in Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
- Up to $5,000 per dependent and up to $50,000 for spousal life insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
60 percent of pre-disability pay after 90th day
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees may deposit up to $3,000/year to offset uninsured medical, dental and vision expenses.
Employees may deposit up to $5,000/year to offset dependent care expenses.
Voluntary benefits In addition to the benefits package; PeaceHealth offers other voluntary benefits including auto and home insurance, pet insurance, long term care insurance, legal services and short term disability coverage.
Paid Time Off
Flexible program which combines vacation, holidays and sick days. Allows employees the flexibility to use paid time off as they determine it best fits their needs and desires.
- Bellevue, System Services: 50 percent subsidized bus pass, free parking
- Eugene: Discounted parking, free bus pass
- Bellingham: Free parking, free bus pass, financial incentives for
alternatives to driving alone to work
- Ketchikan: Free parking
- Florence: Free parking
- Longview: Free parking
Paid Leaves of Absence
- Jury Duty
- Military Duty
- Personal, parental and family medical leaves of absence are also available
Tax-Deferred Annuity Savings Plan
Employees can contribute up to $16,500 of their income in 2009; PeaceHealth matches on the first 4 percent of the employee’s contribution after the eligibility requirements are met:
- 25 percent match during first year
- 50 percent match during second and third years
- 75 percent match during fourth year
- 100 percent match at five or more years
- Employees age 50 and older in the current year can contribute an additional $5,500 in 2009
After three years of employment and upon satisfying the plan’s eligibility requirements, PeaceHealth contributes 4 to 8 percent of your eligible pay depending on your age, and an additional 4 percent of eligible pay that exceeds the current year’s Social Security Wage Base.
457(b) Savings Plan
Employees can defer additional pre-tax contributions of up to $16,500 in 2009 to the 457(b) Savings Plan, a non-qualified 457(b) plan.
Educational Assistance Program
Financial assistance for college tuition and associated expenses
Training & Development
Training for managers and employees to develop personal, computer, managerial and organizational skills.
- Bellevue, System Services: subsidized memberships at Eastgate Fitness Center
- Regional Facilities: discounted or free access to on-site fitness areas or local clubs