Medicare Coverage Policies
With the advent of the national Oct. 1, 2015 transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10, the most accurate reference source for information on Medicare coverage of laboratory testing is available at the hyperlinks below to the national site.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- ICD-10 (in effect Oct. 1, 2015)
- Medicare Coverage of Laboratory Testing Statement
- ICD-9 (use as reference only, no longer valid)
- Lab Coverage Determinations (LCDs) for Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC
- Lab National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) Alphabetical Index
PeaceHealth Laboratories also provides additional information:
- Estimated Patient Prices for Tests Requiring an Advanced Beneficiary Notice.pdf
- Medicare Coverage Policies by Test with NCD LCD and CPT Codes.pdf
For assistance, contact PeaceHealth Laboratories Billing at 800-826-3616, ext. 8447.